Sunday, May 11, 2008

Meet Paige Andrews of Bartlett's Rule by Chelle Cordero


My name is Paige Andrews

1. What is the name of the book where we would meet you? What genre is it?

The name of the book is Bartlett's Rule and you meet me with the very first line, “He is a pompous ass!”


2. Who wrote the book?

Chelle Cordero wrote the book. She is a NY-based freelance writer who has been published in several regional and national newspapers and magazines and has a monthly column in 1st Responder (trade publication in Emergency Services). She also previously authored a book Corage of the Heart and just signed another novel with Vanilla Heart Publishing, Forgotten.


3. What do you think of the author? You can tell us the truth.

Actually, she is kind of bossy. Chelle thinks that every women should be out there pushing for their rights and able to stand on her own. She claims to understand where I am coming from but, I don't know, sometimes she makes it look too easy.


4. Tell us a little about yourself. How would you describe your appearance? That's more than just really cute or drop dead gorgeous. Give us enough detail to get a clear idea of how you look.

I always thought I was kind of plain. I am of average height and average weight, I have long brown hair and brown eyes, really nothing spectacular. I do like the way I look, I just never really thought of myself as any kind of beauty. But when I am with Lon, he just has a way of making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.


5. What character are you in the book? Are you the hero, the best friend, the side kick, the hero and heroine's child or someone else?

Well I guess I am the heroine of the book. The story is about how Lon and I meet and fall in love despite the obstacles in our path.


6. Is there a specific reason why you're in the story? Don't give us any story spoilers, but you can share some teasers if you want.

I work for By-Lines Publishing Company in New York City and my boss, Jeanmarie, wants me to try to convince this male-chauvinist, egotistical, sex-crazed and talented writer to come on board at our magazine.


7. What time period do you live in?

It's 2008 where I live.


8. Where are you from?

I grew up on a farm in upstate New York.


9. Do you live in the same place now?

No. I moved to New York City a few years ago with my boyfriend.


10. Tell us about your hometown and your current home.

I really had to get out of there, my hometown was so “small-town” and people were really very narrow-minded. I like living in New York City but it is so expensive to find a decent place.


11. Tell us how your hometown or your current home effects you, the things you do and how you feel about life?

I really like the fact that I enjoy a level of anonymity here in the city. No one needs to know my business, no one needs to know about the things I have done. I can go to work and back home, then I can just lock my door and feel safe.


12. What special skills or abilities do you have?

I seem to be able to “schmooze” with people and make them feel comfortable. Really that is why Jeanmarie helped me get into my position in publicity and why she likes to send me to meet with people that need persuading to business with us.


13. How do those affect your part in the story?

Obviously Jeanmarie liked my ability enough to send me to persuade Lon Bartlett to come to our magazine. Once I met him, well, you just have to read the story to learn more.


14. Are you happy with the story?

It does have a happy ever after type of ending, but a lot happens on the way there. There are a few times I even doubt it will end happily.


15. Do you have some ideas that the author should consider about the story? You can share them with us. We're all friends here.

I would really like to see Chelle use us in another story, not necessarily about us, but we got to share the stage with some other interesting people and I would just love to see a few of them build relationships. I guess I just want everyone to be as happy as Lon and me.


16. Tell us about your past. Can you share one really good experience and/or one really bad experience? I know that bad experience can be tough, but it would tell us more about what you've been through.

This comes out early in the story so it really isn't a spoiler - I am a rape SURVIVOR. Please do not use the word victim. I really don't like to talk about this, but I do tell Lon.


17. Who is the most important person in your life? Tell us about them.

Maybe this will sound shallow, but I really think I am the most important person in my life; eventually I share that distinction with Lon. I have to accept myself and learn to trust myself before I can learn to love Lon. There are people and influences around me all the time, but in the end, it is how I react to the events and circumstances that count. Charles Swindoll said “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.”


18. Is that person in the story we're talking about?

Well… it's me.


19. How does that person impact you and your life?

I guess, with Lon's help of course, that I learn to believe in myself.


20. Do you have any children?

Not yet, but I really would like to eventually.


21. If you do, tell us about them. If you don't have any children, you can tell us why not - but, only if you want to tell us.

I just haven't gotten there yet.


22. What do you see in your future?

I see a future of happily married bliss with Lon and perhaps a few kids.


23. Do you think your author is going to write another story about you? Or, are you part of a series?

I sure hope so! I don't think Lon and I need another story but like I said before, there are folks in our story that deserve their own happiness. Chelle, anytime you want a few ideas, please, just ask me.


24. Do you like being a character in a book?

Yes, I feel sort of immortal.


25. If someone ever decides to make a movie based on your story, who should play you in the movie and why?

Goodness, let me think about this, Liv Tyler! If she isn't available, maybe Neve Campbell. Both of them are great actresses and pretty too.


Its been great to talk with you. If you want to tell us anything else, feel free. Also, tell us about a website where we can learn more about you and where we can buy the book. If you have a picture of yourself, feel free to send it.

The best place to buy the book is at the publisher's website, http://shop.vanillaheartbooksandauthors.com/main.sc But the book will also be available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble.com, Borders.com, Target.com and some store book shelves!

Go to Chelle's website to learn more about me and the book (as well as Chelle's other novels) at http://chellecordero.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Great interview, Chelle!

    Karen Harrington
    Author, Janeology

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Paige! ;)

    ReplyDelete