Sunday, August 2, 2009

Meet the Hero From The Neurology of Angels


1. What is the name of the book where we would meet you? What genre is it?

My name is Elizabeth Rose, and I live in a book called The Neurology of Angels. It is a novel about the hearts inside the business and politics of drug development.

2. Who wrote the book?
The writer of The Neurology of Angels is Krista Tibbs.

3. What do you think of the author? You can tell us the truth.

I think Krista cares very much about me and my daughter, Sera, and she wants to solve the difficulties facing the man who is trying to develop our cure.


4. Tell us a little about yourself. How would you describe your appearance?

Oh, this is a tough question. Since my husband died, I haven’t given much thought to my appearance, because I’ve been so focused on Sera. Let’s see, my hair is light brown and on the longish side. I guess I’m a fairly stylish dresser, or once was – are skirt suits still in fashion? I try to look professional at the law firm, but I spend most of my time in jeans when it’s just me and Sera goofing around at home.


5. What character are you in the book? Are you the hero, the best friend, the side kick, the hero and heroine's child or someone else?

Hmmm. I think my daughter and her friend, Lexi, are the heroines of the story. But some might say it’s me, the quiet catalyst for the two major events -- Galen Douglas’ medical discovery and a health care summit on Capitol Hill.


6. Is there a specific reason why you're in the story? Don't give us any story spoilers, but you can share some teasers if you want.

I think I gave that away in question 5!


7. What time period do you live in?
We live in the present.

8. Where are you from?
I was born in England.

9. Do you live in the same place now?
I moved to the States when I was very young, and I am an American citizen.

10. Tell us about your hometown and your current home.
Sera and I live in Arlington, Virginia, which I consider my hometown, then and now.

11. Tell us how your hometown or your current home effects you, the things you do and how you feel about life?

Because we live so close to Washington, DC, I have an active interest in politics, especially in the field of health care, because of my job and because of my daughter. My best friend is a U.S. senator – one of the good ones.


12. What special skills or abilities do you have?

I’m a critical thinker and I don’t give up easily.

13. How do those affect your part in the story?

My persistence in making researchers aware of Sera’s disease connects us with the other characters. My conversations with my senator friend together with the cases that I work on as a defense lawyer for the pharmaceutical industry lead me to a detailed proposal for a new kind of health care system, one that is sustainable without the government, and allows people to afford their own health care but doesn’t stifle innovation in the process. Oh, don’t let me get on my soapbox; I could go on all day.

14. Are you happy with the story?

I think it is a story that needed to be told, and I’m glad that Krista finally listened to me and put it on paper.


15. Do you have some ideas that the author should consider about the story? You can share them with us. We're all friends here.
I think Krista should take the health care system idea that I developed and make it a reality outside the story.

16. Tell us about your past. Can you share one really good experience and/or one really bad experience? I know that bad experience can be tough, but it would tell us more about what you've been through.

I have worked very hard to make sure that my daughter and I have a good life together, but every happy day is tempered by knowing that Sera’s disease is untreatable.

The last unconditionally happy experience I had was finding out my husband and I were going to have a baby. The worst experience in my past was when my husband died. He would have been a wonderful father.


17. Who is the most important person in your life? Tell us about them.
Sera. She defies description sometimes! I never cease to be amazed at how she lives every day so fully and how much passion she has for every project that pops into her head. I see her with her best friend, Lexi, who has so much potential but so much baggage, and I am proud that my little Sera is the brightness she needs in her life.

18. Is that person in the story we're talking about?
Sera is pretty much the center of the story, although she doesn’t know it.

19. How does that person impact you and your life?
Sera is my life.

20. Do you have any children?
21. If you do, tell us about them. If you don't have any children, you can tell us why not - but, only if you want to tell us.
Sera is my only child.

22. What do you see in your future?
I try to focus on the present, because I don’t like to think about a future that might not have Sera in it.

23. Do you think your author is going to write another story about you? Or, are you part of a series?

I hope she will write more about the things I have done but let me live in peace after this story is over.

24. Do you like being a character in a book?
Yes, because there is closure.

25. If someone ever decides to make a movie based on your story, who should play you in the movie and why?
Oh, that’s fun to think about. Maybe Rachel McAdams. She has a smart look about her, but she’s also feminine and probably very nurturing. That’s how I like to think of myself.

Thank you so much for interviewing me. You can find more about The Neurology of Angels at www.neurologyofangels.com. The book is available on that website or a variety of online retailers including Books a Million, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Target, or through your local bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment