Thursday, September 6, 2007

The TRUTH, I'm 10, I'm Smart and I Know Everything! by Dr Barbara Holstein


1 - Tell us a bit about your book.
My new book, THE TRUTH, I'm Ten, I'm Smart and I Know Everything, is a delightful, humorous secret diary, written by a girl who is 10-11 years of age. She is wise and yet so innocent. She makes us cry and laugh and remember ourselves. Behind this very easy read is the psychological message to the women reading THE TRUTH that they can and must recapture the fire and passion of their girlhoods not only for themselves to flourish and be happy, but for the next generation to also have the gifts of good emotional and spiritual health.

Women love the book and so do girls, ages 10-14. Women find it a pure delight-a hot fudge sundae with a secret message inside and no weight gain, while girls recognize themselves and finally feel totally understood!


2 - Tell us about the best friend - gender, age, appearance, how they came to be with the hero or heroine and anything else we need to know about them.
'The Girl' in The Truth, I'm Ten, I'm Smart and I Know Everything does indeed have a best friend, of sorts. Her best friend is the character Nancy Drew, who she idolizes and sees as the personification of being smart, and having a wonderful, adventurous life. She loves Nancy Drew because she stays focused on solving mysteries and is not seduced by other silly attractions like flirting or wasting time. Also, she loves Nancy because the girl even feel superior to Nancy, often solving mysteries before Nancy does.

3 - Who does the "best friend" help in the book?
Nancy Drew and her mysteries help 'The Girl' in powerful ways as she struggles with growing up. Nancy gives her courage to hold on to what is special about herself as she worries her way toward early adolescence.

4 - Does the best friend have a specific purpose in the book?
Yes, she does have a specific purpose. She is a heroine figure that 'The Girl' can play off of without any of the angst of a real life best friend.

5 - How does your hero or heroine feel about the best friend?
She adores her and wants to be like her when she is a teenager.

6 - How would your hero or heroine handle their problems or difficulties with the best friend?
That is kind of an unknown as this best friend is all in 'The Girl's' head. However, she would dearly like to really know girls of Nancy's passionate nature who also have purpose in their lives.


7 - Are there problems between the best friend and your main characters?
Of course there are not, as 'The Girl' is mistress of this friendship and always gets to feel smarter than Nancy Drew.

8 - Do you see the best friend ever having their own story?
Obviously Nancy Drew has had her own story and millions of dollars have been made from it as well as thousands of girls have been entranced in positive ways, as was my character.

9 - Was the best friend inspired by anyone you know?
Yes, of course, my memories of Nancy Drew.

10 - Is there anything else about the best friend that we need to know? Feel free to share.
I think we all probably know what we need to know about Nancy. Wasn't she your pal also?

11 - Please provide your website link.
www.enchantedself.com

12 - What is the link to buy your book?www.enchantedself.com/bookpage.html or Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful book - something both myself and my daughter would enjoy.

    Rhonda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is good for young women and those of us that are a bit more mature :) I realized that I'd finally gotten my life to the place I wanted when I was a kid. It was an incredibly validating experience and the book is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great comments! Mothers and daughters really do love reading The Truth either together or talking about it later after they have both read it! I hope Blessedheart keep me posted! Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein
    www.enchantedself.com

    ReplyDelete